These terms and conditions are for clients of RVNCARE LTD trading as Forrest Animal Behaviour.
They are designed for the safety, responsibility and welfare of clients and animals while undergoing any sessions or consultations. We reserve the right to change and update these terms and conditions at any time with immediate effect. If any changes are made while undergoing or prior to sessions/consultations we will endeavour to inform you at the earliest convenience. It is the client’s responsibility to fully read these terms and conditions and familiarise themselves when required.
- Behavioural consultations are only available via veterinary referral. Your case can be discussed prior to referral with Cerian Forrest, however your vet must complete the required paperwork (including a copy of full medical history) before the consultation takes place. This is important as behaviour changes can be linked to medical problems. In addition, we will also keep your vet informed of the treatment and progress.
- Bookings are to be made directly with Forrest Animal Behaviour via RVN CARE LTD where needed. These sessions/consultations will be confirmed in writing once booked.
- Cost for your initial behaviour consultation is set at £250 for canine patients and £200 for feline patients.
- Your initial behaviour consultation is booked for 1.5-2 hours. This will involve a lot of discussion of the behaviours displayed by your pet and introduction of management and training tasks. Follow up sessions (charged separately) will cover the implementation of more intensive behaviour modification changes.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is taken at time of booking your initial behaviour consultation. This covers the paperwork, medical history assessment and time to prepare for your consultation, which all takes place prior to your first consultation.
- The remaining 50% is required 24hrs prior to your initial consultation.
- Follow up sessions will work through the behaviour modifications and are charged at £45 per hour and can be booked in one-hour slots (Payment is requested 24hrs prior to the consultation).
- Ongoing support via Email or Phone will be provided for 3 months post the last consultation/session. Urgent problems will be responded within 24 hours, however non-urgent problems might have a longer lead time depending on caseloads at the time.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All written, photographic and video material and logos are the sole property of RVNCARE LTD trading as Forrest Animal Behaviour and are not to be distributed without prior, written permission. In accessing our materials and written reports, you agree that you are using them for your personal, non-commercial use.
- Blogs/social media and free to access videos have consent to be freely shared.
- We will not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice. Many external factors influence behaviours and we cannot guarantee our training advice will be successful without controlling all of these other factors. If you have any questions after any session, we strongly recommend to contact us for any clarifications.
- Behaviour consultations are recommended to alter dangerous and stressful behaviours for both owners and pet. Animal aggression can cause injury, including fatalities. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is your responsibility to ensure safety of people and other animals with regards to your pet. Safety precautions will be advised and may include; limited access to people/animals, being kept on lead, wearing a muzzle and use of gates around the home. We cannot take responsibility for behaviour of your dog outside of training sessions with us.
- During sessions/consultations you and your dog will be covered by insurance, including professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance. However, we strongly recommend all dog guardians have pet insurance including third party liability cover addition.
- If the client/handler does not follow advice given during the session and this leads to injury of family members, the pet, other animals or members of the public, the responsibility falls to the person not following guidance or their responsible person/persons.
- If requested to have the pet restrained on a suitable lead, harness or room. It is requested to follow this advice unless instructed otherwise during the consultation/session.
- All client details will be kept safely under the Data Protection Act 2018.
- No client details will ever be passed onto a third party.
- You might be contact about services or offers by Email.
- If you no longer would like to receive contact from Forrest Animal Behaviour, please let us know and we can remove your details at any point.
- During sessions videos and photos might be taken which include your dog with/without family members. This might be to be shared with your vet (gait analysis or posture changes) or used for educational reasons.
- This will be discussed with the primary owner before photos/videos taken.
- These might be used for social media or marketing with owner’s consent.
- No photos of children will be taken unless prior agreement of parent/guardian.
Delay of session/cancellations
- We reserve the right to cancel any session/consultation at our discretion. It is infrequent but if Forrest Animal Behaviour need to reschedule a session, such as in an emergency or due to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, you will be offered a replacement date suitable to your commitments.
- If you or your pet has illness or injuries, please let us know at the soonest possibility, as it might be appropriate to delay the session.
- If you need to re-arrange a booked session/consultation, we request 24-hour notice. If notice is less than 24-hours, full charging of the agreed payment is still required by the client.
- Only fear-free, force-free, science-based methods during any training plans.
- No aversive training methods will be allowed including, but not limited to, the use of;
- During any sessions, if any methods or items which causes pain or fear, we will request to stop the action and suggest alternative suitable actions. If you do not comply, we reserve the right to immediately stop training without a refund.
- We also strongly recommend you do not use these methods outside of the sessions/consultations.
- All dogs should be fully vaccinated, wormed and flead at the recommended regular intervals. Unless prior agreement with Cerian Forrest which has been discussed and evaluated.
- It is the owners/handler’s responsibility to clear up after their dog has toileted on public ground.
- Minors shall be under close supervision by their guardians/parents at all times.
- Aggression behaviours or bite incidents must be declared on your history form prior to your initial consultation. This allows full prior preparation of your consultation to ensure a full risk assessment to accurate for any behaviour case.
- All pets are required to have free access to water during any sessions/consultations.
This declaration sets out the terms on which Forrest Animal Behaviour accepts you for any service. Once you have booked a consultation or sessions you are accepting these terms and conditions and you will be bound by all of Forrest Animal Behaviour Terms and Conditions.